The Okanagan region of British Columbia is known for it’s wonderful lakes.
These are our top 10 favourites!
1. Okanagan Beach Penticton: Sandy mile long beach in close proximity to a variety of motels and restaurants, waterpark, amusement park and a short walk to downtown. Shallow water and rental equipment available.
2. Boyce-Gyro Park Kelowna : Equipped with picnic tables, beach volleyball courts and a playground. Paddle board rentals available within walking distance to great shopping, restaurants and hotels.
3. Kal Beach Vernon: Known for its fishing, watersports and boating. Complete with two swimming docks, change rooms, pub, concession stand and kayak rentals.
4. Skaha Beach Penticton: Great family beach with grassy parks and trees, picnic tables, tennis, hockey and basketball courts, playground, marina and a boat launch. Within a walking distance to hotels and accommodations.
5. Canoe Beach Salmon Arm: Located on the Shuswap shores, Canoe Beach has many grassy areas for picnicking.
6. Sun Oka Beach Summerland: This regional park is well known for watersports due to its boat access.
7. Mara Lake Provincial Park: Day use only beach popular for fishing, swimming and picnicking. Designated swim areas to protect swimmers from boaters.
8. Gyro Beach Osoyoos: Warmest fresh water lake in Canada with average temperatures of 24 degrees Celsius. Largest beach in Osoyoos while known for the many local events held here.
9. Sicamous Sands Beach: Popular beach for house boating, complete with a waterpark for children.
10. Hot Sands Beach Kelowna (City Park): Located in the heart of downtown Kelowna, City Park offers volleyball and basketball courts, grassy fields, skate park, washrooms and change rooms.